How to Use Dial-a-Ride
Dial-a-Ride is a shared-ride, curb-to-curb transit service provided for persons who are unable to use Mountain Transit’s fixed-route service. DAR passengers must be able to get themselves to and from the DAR vehicle at the curb or bring an attendant with them; DAR drivers are not authorized to retrieve passengers from within their homes, doctors’ offices, restaurants, or etc.
Who Can Use Dial-a-Ride?
Dial-a-Ride Service is available to:
- Seniors (60+) and Persons with Disabilities who live in the Dial-a-Ride service areas.
- Anyone who lives more than 3/4-mile from a Mountain Transit fixed-route stop, but within the Dial-a-Ride service area. (Please note that Dial a Ride Vehicles can only provide service for pick up/drop-offs which are accessible by maintained, paved roads. We cannot drive on dirt roads or pull onto wooden parking decks)
Making a Reservation
It is recommended that you make advance reservations for Dial-a-Ride service – at least one day in advance. You can call up to 2 weeks ahead of time to schedule your trip.
Same day reservations will be accepted on a space available basis. You must call at least two (2) hours prior to your desired pickup time. DAR is a shared ride and space is limited. Not all times will always be available.
To request a Dial-a-Ride trip, call Mountain Transit at 909-878-5200 and be ready to provide the following information:
- Name and the number of riders
- Pick up location and destination
- Call back phone number
Please advise the dispatcher If the pickup location is difficult to access, if you (or the passenger) requires assistance, or if you must be at the destination at a specific time. Appointments for return trips should be made at the time of initial reservation when possible.
The dispatcher will give you an estimated arrival time. However, you should always be ready at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time, as the schedule may vary. The vehicle may arrive up to 15 minutes before or 30 minutes after the scheduled time. The driver will wait no longer than three minutes at the pickup location. Dial-a-Ride is a shared ride service, so other passengers may be picked up or dropped off during your trip. Please allow at least 30 minutes for reaching your destination.
A passenger with a disability is allowed one attendant and that attendant will pay the appropriate disability fare. When calling for a reservation, please notify the dispatcher that an attendant will accompany the passenger.
Cancel Reservations at least one hour in advance – If you will not be making a trip that you have reserved, you must cancel the reservation at least one hour before the scheduled pickup time. If you cancel a reservation less than one hour in advance, it will be recorded as a “No Show.”
No Show Policy
A “No Show” will be added to a passenger’s record when one of the following situations occurs:
- A reservation is cancelled less than one hour before the scheduled pickup.
- The passenger is not ready to be picked up within 3 minutes of the bus’s arrival.
- The passenger chooses not to ride after the bus arrives as scheduled.
If a pickup is determined to be a “No Show,” any scheduled return trip will be cancelled.
If a passenger has three “No Shows” within a ninety (90) day period, their Dial-a-Ride privileges may be suspended for thirty (30) days.